Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Good Morning

Hey! Good Morning. If I have to be up and functional and writing you [then] you have to be up and functional and writing me as well. So mom, I finally got A.'s letter, Albania huh? I bet he is soo excited. Thank Dad for the letter, that was nice to hear from him.
Well, what to say this week. I love my companion. She is so awesome. We have found so many new investigators the last week and one is not yet firm for baptism and another is projected. They both cried in our lessons, the spirit was so strong in both. The one that is not yet firm (which means that she has said she will be baptized when she knows that these things are true) cried so hard when we read Moroni's promise. She said that she knew it was true. We told her that she still needed to pray about it. She prayed for us tho. That was our 1st lesson with her. We found her because we were going to contact a less active and she was sitting on her porch, so we talked to her. Her name is Chante. She has 3 kids and the youngest is a month. She said that she would try to come to church this Sunday with her kids. She is still recovering from a c-section and it's not healing very well. We explained what a priesthood blessing is and asked if she would like one, she said yes. I am so excited to continue teaching her. Sister Stafford once said that when you do all that you can, and you suffer long and hard and the lord sees that you really want what you are going for he will bless you. Bless he is. I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to teach Chante. She is so sweet.
I love being a missionary and being able to teach the gospel of Jesus Christ and see the changes in peoples lives. This is the greatest thing, and the best decision that I could have made for myself. I can't believe that I almost didn't come. I have grown so much in just the short 3 months that I have been out here.

Oh, on another note, I am back in the Rockford Stake. Which means that I am back in the same stake as Freeport and this weekend was Stake Conference which means that I got to see people from Freeport. It was so great. People that knew I went to the City were really confused as to why I was back up there. I saw the Sisters that are now in Freefort and were able to catch up on how everyone is doing.
Well, as always, I have to go write president, but I will be back to see if there is any progress being made in the way of letters. :)
Love always.
Sister Luthy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home